Thursday, March 17, 2011

Need Caffeine Tuesday

This week I posted comments and questions on my forum that was titled need Caffeine!  This caught my attention because I too have been feeling very tired lately so I will drink a soda.  When I read some of the posts that other pregnant women wrote, I started to feel a little guilty.  Some women were mentioning that they wish they could have coffee or a soda too, but they have one more month or so to go.  I was always told that it was ok to have a cup of coffee or a soda a day so that has been my absolute max.  I asked the women about their feelings about caffeine intake and after they replied to me, I felt much better.  Like I thought, it is ok to have caffeine in moderation.  Sometimes in the middle of the day, period 4, I feel like I can't go on and could really use a little caffeine!
I also posted a question/comment about my weight gain thus far.  I have gained 8 pounds during my first trimester and this is a lot compared to my first pregnancy, so I was concerned.  My doctor wasn't concerned but I was.  I explained this in my forum and several women commented back that they don't think it is too much and one woman said that she is also 14 weeks pregnant and has gained 8 pounds as well.  They all tried to encourage me by saying it's not too much and to just make sure to try and eat healthier options.  They also said that they have been having trouble with eating certain foods like chocolate and sweets so again; this made me feel a little better. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your blog is a beneficial community. They encourage you and give you just a bit of challenging support too. It is also seems really active. I think it is so great to have this kind of community for you, because you are so busy working and taking care of Krew. You don't always get time to spend with other pregnant runners. Thanks again for the juice and granola bar - a great morning pick-me-up! Your thoughtfulness was timely. Thank you Lisa for being a caring friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog seems to be really supportive for you. We always worry if we are doing the best for our children, even when they are in our tummy! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete