Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Told not to run

Today as I was reading through the pregnant runners forum and there was a runner who wrote about how an acupuncturist told her to stop running until after she delivers her baby.  This runner received an injury which was not from running and had to see an acupuncturist.  She posted on the forum to try to get advice on what to do.  Many women advised to get the final word from her OB doctor. I really respect the advice that the women gave because they didn't bash the acupuncturist and they didn't tell her to just go ahead and run.

I have had many people tell me that it really isn't necessary to run while pregnant.  My response to them is that my doctor knows my background and history and he actually encourages me to continue running.  He did tell me to listen to my body and to not let my heart rate get too high.  It's just great to know that many of these women are offering safe advice.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have a good doctor that you trust. It is also great to consider the wisdom of others who are in your "running shoes" so to speak. You love your baby and you would never do anything that would compromise your babies health.

    ReplyDelete